Math Skill Sharpener Connecting School & Home Grade PreK
Skill Sharpeners: Math activity books help students understand and maintain important math skills in their grade level. The fun activities provided in each unit create enjoyable learning experiences for children.
Each title includes:
- Colorful and engaging practice pages.
- Themed units that provide practice of important grade-level math concepts.
- A “test your skills” option at the end of each unit that gives a clear picture of whether or not the skills have been mastered.
Perfect as an at-home activity book, homeschool curriculum resource, or after-school enrichment, Skill Sharpeners: Math helps students master important skills in measurements, data, numbers, and computation needed to form a strong math foundation.
Skill Sharpeners Math, PreK contains 10 units that introduce the numbers 1-10. In each unit, one or more numbers is introduced followed by activity pages that practice beginning math skills. Each unit ends with an assessment page that reviews the math concepts introduced.
Beginning math skills practiced include:
- recognizing numbers
- identifying geometric shapes
- comparing sizes
- recognizing most and least
Children also develop their fine motor skills by completing the fun activities.
Examples of the types of activities are:
- Trace and Write Numbers
- Cut and Paste
- Count How Many
- Color the Shapes
- Circle the Ones That Are the Same